Good morning CFTP,This week was so much fun for me. It was awesome to see all of your competitive juices flowing. I love what friendly competition can bring out of us. It was cool to watch as the leaderboard shifted as each team left it all out on the floor. I am so excited for the next few weeks. It really is anyone's game at this point. Nobody is out of it. With the way the scoring works, even if you were near the bottom this first week, you can make up ground throughout this competition.Before we go into the results I would like to first reiterate the importance of standards. Throughout this competition each one of you will more than likely be asked to judge another team. You have every right to no rep if the rep does not count. Especially with the max lifts coming up this week you must be sure that the rep counts. As athletes you must respect the call on the floor by the judge. I know that we all want to "be nice" but you really aren't doing any favors by letting the standards slip. Like I said before, arguing with the judge will not be tolerated. Standards are very important for us as judges and athletes to understand. Before you go into a WOD be sure to understand what is expected of you. The athletes and the judges must communicate and be clear on what is expected.WEEK 1 STANDINGSThe first week results have been compiled and here is where you stand after week 1: (If there is a mistake please notify me ASAP and we will get it taken care of)
As you can see, every rep really does count! You can also see that we are all in the running. Rich Froning never leads after the first day but always ends up winning come Sunday. So, keep your head up and give it your all. Every CrossFit competition I have been to I have always had my weak WODs that knocked me down the leaderboard and I felt like there was no way out of the hole. I will admit that a couple of those competitions I basically gave up and lived to regret it. There were also a few of them that I just pressed on and at the end of the comp I was pleasantly surprised at my finish. Start strong, finish stronger.
WOD 2 ANNOUNCED
WOD 2 is a two part event with two possible scores.PART 1 (100 Points)With a 20 minute running clock complete the following;Minute 0-15: Using only 1 bar between you and your partner find a 3 Rep Max Overhead Squat for Rx or 3-rep Back Squat for Scaled. Then with the remaining time find a 1 Rep Max Strict Press. The score is a total combined weight.STANDARDS
- 3 Rep Max Overhead Squat:(Rx)
- Bar is taken from the rack. Working partner must jerk the weight from the back rack position to the overhead squat position.- The bar must remain in the overhead position until all three reps are completed.- Hip crease line must be below the knee at the bottom of the squat, and full hip extension must be established at the top.- All three reps must be completed unbroken in order for score to count.- Partner may assist in loading and unloading weights on and off the bar.- Partners may alternate however they choose.
- 3 Rep Max Back Squat: (Scaled)
- Bar is taken from the rack and placed in the back rack position (Low or high bar rack is allowed).- Hip crease line must be below the knee at the bottom of the squat, and full hip extension must be established at the top.- All three reps must be completed unbroken in order for score to count.- Partner may assist in loading and unloading weights on and off the bar.- Partners may alternate however they choose.
- 1 Rep Max Strict Press:(Rx and Scaled)
- Bar is taken from the rack.- Movement begins with locked out knees and hips with the bar in the front rack position. (No Dip, Squat allowed..STRICT PRESS!)- Movement ends with locked out elbows and the bar above the head. (Judge must indicate “GOOD” rep in order for rep to count)- Partner may assist in loading and unloading weights on and off the bar.- Partners may alternate however they choose.Minute 15-16: RestPart 2 (50 points)Minute 16-20: AMRAP Alternating Partner Shuttle Sprints- Partner 1 will begin behind the Starting line and sprint to the 5 Meter Line, Then sprint back to the Starting Line, Then sprint to the 10 Meter Line, and return to the Starting Line to TAG Partner 2.- Athletes must clearly touch 5 Meter Line, Starting Line, 10 Meter Line with their hand in order for rep to count.- Athlete may run past Starting Line on the way back from the 10 Meter Line, but MUST tag partner.- Partners MUST alternate.- One complete Shuttle Sprint counts as one full round.- Time ends at 20 Minutes- Only FULL rounds count. Half rounds or unfinished sprints will NOT count!If there are any questions about the standards or how this workout will be counted please clarify before completing the WOD. For the shuttle sprint it'd be best to have two judges to help with watching the touch of the 5-meter and 10 meter lines.Can't wait to see you all this week and to watch as you and your partner get together and dominate this WOD.Coach Dan