CrossFit The Point Intramural Open
Let's do this! The 2021 CrossFit Open Workout #1 has been announced and for the first time I actually laughed in the middle of an Open workout. There are a couple of reasons for that. First, WALL WALKS!!! LOL. What a hilarious movement that was challenging and fun. Great test of movement. The second reason was that it was such a relief and so much fun to get back together on a Friday Night Lights with you all and to sweat together. I miss these get togethers and as things start to open up, I am going to do all I can to bring back the FNLs, the movie nights, the bowling parties, the Saturday Night Beast Modes, etc. Such a huge piece of what it means to be part of our Point Fitness family has gone missing and I miss hanging out with you all.
After talking with many of you on Friday, I have decided to bring back our in house intramural Open. What does this mean? First of all, it means that everyone who participated in this first week workout and completed it with a judge and a scoresheet will be automatically put onto a team. Once you are placed on a team, you will have the opportunity to earn points for your team each week. There will be various ways for you to earn points and I will go through each of them below. The winning team will earn something... I'm still figuring out what that looks like this year since this year's intramural is free.
Why am I doing this Intramural?
It's pretty simple to why... I am done waiting for us to do something fun together. One thing this past week FNL made me realize is that I need you all. I need your motivation and laughter and participation. I miss it so by doing this intramural it gives us an opportunity to do something together! I also love, love, love seeing everyone compete and put to the test all your hard work you put in each and every day. This intramural is an equal opportunity event that allows us all to contribute to our teams.
How do you earn points?
You earn points in the following ways:
1 Point Earners:
- Complete the Open workout and submit your scorecard.
- Write/update a Facebook or Google Review for Point Fitness and CrossFit The Point.
3 Point Earners:
- Sign up for the CrossFit Open on games.crossfit.com
- PR a workout or movement or lift during the Open season. (Does not have to be in the middle of an open workout... Can be any time during this 3 week competition)
5 Point Earners:
- Come to the 3rd week Friday Night Lights and participate in the fundraiser going on that night.
- Purchase the CrossFit Open/Fundraiser shirt.
Muscle Tank Link to Purchase
T-shirt Link to Purchase
- Bring a friend in to try a CrossFit class or group fitness class between now and the end of the open. (Email me if you do this with the name of your friend)
- Post on your personal social media page about the CrossFit Open or about CrossFit The Point, tagging us and sharing what you have accomplished while doing CrossFit so we can publicly celebrate your accomplishments. I love seeing your accomplishments!
10 Point Earners:
- Contribute to the Fundraiser through donating an item/service to the silent auction/raffle.
- Have a friend sign up at The Point during the CrossFit Open timeframe. This can be either CrossFit or a Group Fitness pass.
I love this time of year and I am so excited to do the open with you all. I love that we have tied a fundraiser to it this year which opens up an opportunity for us to contribute to a worthy cause that focuses on young people and helps them build a sense of self-worth and help those struggling with self-doubt and thoughts of suicide. I can't wait for this next week's open workout and especially can't wait for the 3rd and final week FNL and fundraiser.